Skip to main content

Chocolate Outside the Kitchen

I am an absolutely untreatable chocoholic. I always crave chocolate - any time night or day. Recently, pampering myself with choccy has gone beyond the edible chocolate, thanks to a cosmetic line discovered in a local shop Natura (I know that Body Shop has recently released similar line, a bit more pricey, yet not quite what I like - can't put my finger on it, but to me it lacks something). I think the first time I bought the chocolate cosmetics as retail therapy when it was getting all grey, wet and horrible outside. As I remember it worked miracles :)
The entire line is based on chocolate with a slight note of orange scent. Divine! And it is just as addictive as eating chocolate is :) I would have my morning bath religiously every weekend - is there anything better than a room filled with chocolate scent, with a bubble bath? On a cold, winter morning - certainly not!

The first item I bought was a bath essence, and fell for it immediately. A small amount of it fills the bath with bubbles in no time. It can be used on its own - even dry skin like mine is moisturised and ever so slightly smells of chocolate.
The bath caviar, on the other hand, I found somewhat disappointing. Though I followed the instructions on the bottle, I would say that it is hardly noticeable - neither the smell, nor any effect on the skin, not even bubbles in the bath! First tried to add some more (and some more again :) , but eventually I gave up. It doesn't do it for me :(
On days when there's not enough time for a morning bath the shower gel does does the job fantastically - it leaves the skin smooth, moisturised and, of course, smelling of chocolate.
The peeling is by far one of the best ones I've used - not too harsh on the skin, but strong enough to leave the skin smooth, the effects on the elbows and knees are spectacular!

The body butter enhances the effects of the bath essence and shower gel - boosts the skin moisture without leaving an unpleasant greasy film on it, and gives it the fabulous chocolate smell that stays on the whole day.
The most recent discovery, I suppose more suitable for spring than dark chocolate - I've just purchased a white chocolate shower gel - and it's just as fantastic as the dark chocolate line.

The only downside of this line is that the smell of chocolate is so strong, and so real that it might be hard to resist the temptation to eat it! ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gingerbread Layer Cake

This Christmas I decided to "pimp up" my gingerbread a bit, after a last minute inspiration. I saw a photo of this cake, literally a day before making the cake and decided it's an absolute must this Christmas. I really like how the cake combines gingerbread and gateau type cake features, it's both presentable and delicious. The cake (4 layers): 150 g honey (liquid) 200 g butter or margarine 500 g plain flour 3 yolks 4 tbsp milk 1 tbs purified soda 100 g sugar 1 tbsp ground ginger 1 tbsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp ground nutmeg 1 tsp ground cardamon 1tsp ground cloves a pinch of ground black pepper Combine the ingredients in a large bowl - as it's really hard to do, you may be best off using dough whisks on a food mixer. Cover the bowl with cling film and put into the fridge for 24 hours. After that time, divide the dough into 4 parts, place on a baking paper-lined baking tray and bake in 180C for about 15 minutes. Leave to cool.   The cream:

Autumnal Food - Chanterelles

While pasta continues to dominate the food served on our dinner table, the multitude of ways it may be prepared is a real bliss. Today we opted for a simple mix of spinach pasta with chanterelles. I've always thought mushroom dishes were quite complex and time-consuming, but it was a very nice surprise to find out how wrong that assumption was. The dish I served tonight could have been ready in less than half an hour, have it been not for me making green pasta from scratch. I made green (spinach) pasta - the recipe has been posted in the post Pasta Frenzy Continues , but it may well be served with packet pasta to cut down on preparation time. As I mentioned, the sauce is both easy and quick to make, plus there's virtually nothing that could go wrong with it. You need: 300 g chanterlles a pot of cream fresh basil leaves fresh oregano leaves fresh parsley salt and pepper 1 tbsp cooking oil grated Parmesan Rinse and chop chant

Super Easy Tomato Soup

My husband surprised me yesterday bringing me a present, a cookbook based on a TV series that I've been watching recently. The programme is situated in a restaurant and generally features the so-called "trendy cooking", rather than traditional recipes, thus I was a bit surprised to find a recipe for tomato soup. When it comes to soups, it's not a secret that they are rather easy to prepare, yet I didn't quite expected a recipe that doesn't require either chicken or vegetable stock! I knew I had to alter the recipe a little, as following the proportions given in the book we would obtain water mixture with a faint tomato flavour - not exactly what we want :) To make the soup I used: 10 large, ripe tomatoes 1 litre of water 3 bay leaves 4-5 allspice berries a pinch of dried dill 1 tablespoon of dried vegetables 1 table spoon of butter salt and pepper to taste cream or yoghurt a handful of pasta (farfale or other) Put tomatoes into a bowl o